Now to those who lay claim to love I address these questions:
- How often have you wiped away the tears of a lover weeping for love of God
- Have you yourself ever shed a single tear for love of God?
- What sacrifices have you made for the love of God?
One could add many more questions, but to what avail? A word to the wise is sufficient. So I remind you once again
Those who find God within themselves do not search for the Beloved to the Right or left. Those who seek God outside should know that His irresistible force prevails in worlds upon worlds unknown from this earth to the Pleides, and that He is not outside but within the soul, the Soul within the soul. Neither Heaven or Earth contains him, yet He is at home within the heart of His faithful, sincere and loving servant.
-Taken from Muzaffer Ozak‘s The Unveiling of Love: Sufism and the Remembrance of God
Muzaffer Ozak (1916 – February 12, 1985) was one of the head sheikhs of the Halveti-Jerrahi order of Dervishes, a traditional muslim Sufi order (tarika) from Istanbul (Turkey). In western countries he is well known because of his visits to Europe and the United States of America where he celebrated public dhikrs (Remembrance of God; in Turkish “zikrullah”) with his dervishes. He is also well known in Turkey for his “ilahis,” religious Sufi hymns. The Halveti-Jerrahi Sufi Order is named for him. Ozak also ran a bookstore in the Sahaflar Çarşısı in Istanbul.
- From the Unveiling of Love by Muzaffer Ozak: Affection make a person forget (caravanofdreams.wordpress.com)
- To Become a Sufi: Do I Need to Join a Sufi Order? by Dr. Stewart Bitkoff (caravanofdreams.wordpress.com)
- The Meetings of Oceans – a Sufi story from the Technology of Heart (caravanofdreams.wordpress.com)
- Surfin’ with Sufis (epages.wordpress.com)
- Who is a Sufi by Dr. Javad Nurbakhsh (caravanofdreams.wordpress.com)
- Sufism and Dream – A post from the Technology of the Heart and en from Love is a Fire by Llewellyn Vaughan Lee (caravanofdreams.wordpress.com)
- Bayazidian Sufism: Annihilation Without Ritual (1) by Dr. Alireza Nurbakhsh (caravanofdreams.wordpress.com)
- Confronting our darkness from Love is a Fire – The Sufis Mystical Journey Home by Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee (caravanofdreams.wordpress.com)
- A Comparison Between Sufism and Psychoanalysis (4) by Dr. Javad Nurbakhsh (caravanofdreams.wordpress.com)
- Thinking aloud after reading an Interview with Ragip Frager…any ideas….. (caravanofdreams.wordpress.com)